Somehow the insulation ignited. It was treated not to burn; however, it created a 'non-flaming combustion.' It's like a briquette that you do barbecues on. That is wood that's pre-burned. It smoldered a flameless combustion that was in the attic above the patient's bedroom, Pickering said. The wood stove and Franco's bedroom shared a common wall. The rest of the family was further removed from the stove. The family had no way of knowing there was a fire, as it was restricted to the attic. Being in the attic, it muffled the sound. More or less, a flameless combustion was taking place. It wasn't

...

Read more